Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Company of Heroes 2 Benchmark
Hello there I just came across to benchmark Company of Heroes 2 using the native Linux version done by Feral Interactive vs Proton with DXVK.

⭐️ Settings:

⭐️ Benchmark:
Proton with DXVK:
Min FPS: 103.38
Max FPS: 249.50
Avg. FPS: 156.28

Linux Native with OpenGL:
Min FPS: 86.74
Max FPS: 191.24
Avg. FPS: 124.69

I was unable to get the game to work with Proton 8, Proton Experimental and Proton GE 9-4. Proton 7.0 was the first version to actually run the game. Therefore the Benchmark was done using Proton 7 and DXVK 1.10.3.

Comparing the Linux version against the Windows version using DXVK on Linux revealed a performance difference of around 25%. Depending on the hardware in your system this is a substantial difference and might be vital between a playable and unplayable experience.
Considering I had to run the game using DXVK 1.10.3 this performance difference might be even higher with a more recent version of DXVK.

Even though the Feral Interactive Linux Port still worked out of the box to this very day it becomes clear in this Benchmark why Feral Interactive in their later Linux versions moved to Port their games to Vulkan using Feral3D.

⭐️ Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB (Driver: 550.67)
RAM: 16GB DDR5-4800
Linux: openSUSE Aeon (Kernel: 6.8.7)
Desktop Environment: Gnome 46 (Wayland)
Flatpak Runtime: 23.08

Proton: 7.0
DXVK: 1.10.3

Video: https://youtu.be/SEjEx6wa7hU

Last edited by Vortex_Acherontic on 28 April 2024 at 9:19 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.