Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
[Help] Tale of Two Wastelands mod for Fallout on Linux
What is the best way to setup TTW mod for Fallout on Linux?

The guides either involve a separate Windows instance to install then copy the files from, or as in some YouTube tutorials using PlayOnLinux. Both options seemed a bit finicky for me. Also the installation of Mod Manager was suboptimal.

So have anyone had any luck with TTW? If so please share your experience.
I tried running the installer for it in wine, but it didn’t work. I had to set it up in windows and copy it. It re-encodes all the audio from fallout 3, so it takes a long time. I followed the instructions on the new Vegas multiplayer blog, and that version lets you get away without using mod organizer. It does use LOOT, but you only have to run it once, and that part does work in wine.

https://wiki.nv-mp.com/en/server-hosting/mods/tale-of-two-wastelands

I was able to get nvmp working as well, and my wife and I started paying fallout 3 together. Her on windows and me in my Steam deck.
dvd May 8
Quoting: sobinsirilWhat is the best way to setup TTW mod for Fallout on Linux?

The guides either involve a separate Windows instance to install then copy the files from, or as in some YouTube tutorials using PlayOnLinux. Both options seemed a bit finicky for me. Also the installation of Mod Manager was suboptimal.

So have anyone had any luck with TTW? If so please share your experience.

I don't know what you consider optimal, but from my experince you are best off doing the installation in a VM and copying out the result to launch it with your favourite way of running wine. I opened a thread on a similar topic before: see here.
sobinsiril May 10
Well I guess that I have no choice but to do it in a virtual machine. Will try it out and share my experiences on how it went. Thanks for your input.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.