Do you get penguin gifts due to using Linux?
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
For being an openSUSE user, since I can remember, I occasionally get chameleon gifts.

But one time my GF gifted me a "Meet and Greet with Penguins". Which was awesome but for sure related to Linux if you ask me :D Anyway it was a very nice day and I kinda like Penguins regardless of using Linux or not.

But the funniest Linux related gift I ever received was a Windows license by two of my colleagues via the mail. Send by "the openSUSE Board". I do not recall the letter exactly but it was hilarious :D
Quoting: Liam DaweI devote my time and energy into building a linux gaming related blog/website, but ultimately, I can never be happy because no one ever gives me penguin gifts. My life will never be complete. But, in the mean time, I'll get myself this tattoo until my life becomes complete. :'( :'(
Fixed that for you.
Talon1024 Jun 6
Last year, I received two penguin gifts. One of them was a plushie my mother got from work, and the other is a very well-made homemade crochet penguin doll, courtesy of the mother of one of my mother's friends.

Here's a photo of the latter:

P.S.: ciinet.org is my family's website. We do not sell your information.

Last edited by Talon1024 on 6 June 2024 at 2:22 pm UTC
Not really, though it would be cool.
I have a Christmas jumper with penguins on it, but apparently that was just a coincidence.
sonic2kk Jun 21
I do not, I wonder how many people I know who care that I use Linux actually know about the penguin iconography
I just bought myself a penguin gift..... I saw this at the OpShop yesterday and it came home with me.......

While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.