- We do moderate comments to keep the peace. If we remove or edit your comment, you probably already know why. It's our website, and our rules. You are free to discuss it with us in the forum if you feel it was unwarranted. We very rarely have to do this, and it's only usually when people have been told not to continue something.
- Please keep all posts in English. This helps with moderation and helps to keep GOL a friendly place. Links can be to non-English sources where it's necessary.
- No pirate links (zero tolerance on that!), we do not support piracy, please buy games and support developers. We also do not want to see discussion about how you like to pirate games, keep that at the door please. Regardless of your reasons, please don't post about it. Perhaps take a look at our Free Games list, it might help instead of pirating a game.
- No porn links, zero tolerance on that again. We have people of all ages visiting and chatting.
- Swearing is okay in small amounts, however, if you keep excessive swearing in comments you will likely be warned about it.
- Linking into the above, try to remain polite and do not attack others. Doing so will result in warnings or bans without a warning if it's especially offensive without a damn good reason.
- Any form of hate speech or discriminatory speech is not allowed. That includes racism, sexism, toxic gender topics and so on. We're an inclusive community, remember that. Be nice, get along.
- Comments that serve to only antagonise an article author probably will be removed without warning, repeatedly doing so will result in a ban from commenting.
- Distribution wars that have plagued the Linux community are not welcome here. Bans will occur for people who engage in them or talk down to anyone for their choice.
- No licensing wars. We do not care about the politics of FOSS/FLOSS/OSS or whatever. We are a gaming site, not a place for mindless zealotry.
- Talking about zealotry, we are Gaming On Linux and not "Gaming on Linux only native titles or GTFO". If you be a nuisance when talking about Steam Play, DOSBox, Wine, Emulation and so on, we will give warnings and take further action if needed. Allow people to enjoy what they want, don't be a gate keeper.
- No arguments about the naming of "Linux", we call it Linux, no GNU wars here and that's not negotiable. Anyone who goes on a GNU crusade will be removed.
- Politics is important. However, be mindful of what you talk about and spread. If it is likely to cause arguments, don't post it. Most of the time, political chat isn't really needed here. Obviously if we cover something political, that is inviting respectable debate keeping all the other rules in mind.
- Think "Would I say this in public to people I've never met before?" if the answer is no, think about it.
- Backseat moderation is not wanted. If you have issues, report it.
- These rules apply to our IRC (#gamingonlinux on freenode), Discord and any other chat areas as well.
- We will update the rules as we see fit at any time
- The Humble Conquer COVID-19 Bundle is live with lots of Linux games and all going to charity
- Ubuntu 20.04 has hit Beta (as have all the extra flavours) - help make it a release to remember
- Humble Choice has a new bundle up for April with a bonus game if you subscribe
- Valve and CodeWeavers now offering test builds of Proton before release with Proton 5.0-6 RC1 up
Blending XCOM and HOMM the strategy game 'Fort Triumph'…
Tough highly-rated platformer 'LOVE' is now available o…
Side-scrolling open world RPG 'Regions Of Ruin' is FREE…
Ubuntu 20.04 has hit Beta (as have all the extra flavou…
The brilliant 'Golf With Your Friends' has another mass…
- See more comments
- Planning to get an AMD GPU - Is my system ready for it?…
- Recommend me a controller!
- Article removal on Foldit and Eterna
- Steam keys giveaway
- 3dmark Fire Strike benchmark