- We do moderate comments to keep the peace. If we remove or edit your comment, you probably already know why. It's our website, and our rules. You are free to discuss it with us in the forum if you feel it was unwarranted. We very rarely have to do this, and it's only usually when people have been told not to continue something.
- Please keep all posts in English. This helps with moderation and helps to keep GOL a friendly place. Links can be to non-English sources where it's necessary.
- No pirate links (zero tolerance on that!), we do not support piracy, please buy games and support developers. We also do not want to see discussion about how you like to pirate games, keep that at the door please. Regardless of your reasons, please don't post about it. Perhaps take a look at our Free Games list, it might help instead of pirating a game.
- Spreading of cheats and/or anti-cheat circumvention for multiplayer games is not acceptable here, it ruins games for everyone. Anyone asking for help or providing help with cheats in multiplayer games will result in a warning and/or ban.
- No porn links, zero tolerance on that again. We have people of all ages visiting and chatting.
- Excessive swearing in comments is not needed, keep your language in check.
- Comments that are completely unrelated to an article may be removed. If you have something to say outside of a topic in an article, please use the Forum.
- Linking into the above, try to remain polite and do not attack others. Using hostile language towards others, and name calling are absolutely not needed. Doing so will result in warnings or bans without a warning if it's especially offensive without a damn good reason.
- Any form of hate speech or discriminatory speech is not allowed. That includes racism, sexism, toxic gender topics and so on. We're an inclusive community, remember that. Be nice, get along.
- Comments that serve to only antagonise an article author probably will be removed without warning, repeatedly doing so will result in a ban from commenting.
- Spreading misinformation is a quick way to a deletion and a ban.
- Distribution wars that have plagued the Linux community are not welcome here. Bans will occur for people who engage in them or talk down to anyone for their choice.
- No licensing wars. We do not care about the politics of FOSS/FLOSS/OSS or whatever. We are a gaming site, not a place for mindless zealotry.
- Talking about zealotry, we are Gaming On Linux and not "Gaming on Linux only native titles or GTFO". If you be a nuisance when talking about Steam Play, DOSBox, Wine, Stadia and other Cloud Gaming, Emulation and so on, we will give warnings and take further action if needed. Allow people to enjoy what they want, don't be a gate keeper. If seeing something offends your senses, add to your blocked article tag list in your User Settings.
- No arguments about the naming of "Linux", we call it Linux, no GNU wars here and that's not negotiable. Anyone who goes on a GNU crusade will be removed.
- Politics is important, it affects everything and everyone. However, be mindful of what you talk about and spread. If it is likely to cause arguments, don't post it. Most of the time, political chat isn't really needed here. Obviously if we cover something political, that is inviting respectable debate keeping all the other rules in mind.
- Think "Would I say this in public to people I've never met before?" if the answer is no, think about it.
- Backseat moderation is not wanted. If you have issues, report it by hitting the little flag icon on a post. If you don't report it, we may not see it. It's impossible for us to monitor all comments, all of the time.
- We will update the rules as we see fit at any time.
- Turn Around: „Rebel Cops“
Wine 5.18 is out making use of the new vkd3d-shader lib…
Northgard hits 2 million copies sold, Clan of the Lynx …
The Last Stand update for Left 4 Dead 2 is out, plus bi…
SkateBIRD gets a demo for Tokyo Game Show 2020 try it n…
Powerful Linux video editor Kdenlive gets a huge new re…
- See more comments