- Release Date
- External Links Official Site
- Strategy, RTS
In Warzone 2100, you command the forces of The Project in a battle to rebuild the world after mankind has almost been destroyed by nuclear missiles. The game offers campaign, multi-player, and single-player skirmish modes. An extensive tech tree with over 400 different technologies, combined with the unit design system, allows for a wide variety of possible units and tactics. Warzone 2100 was originally developed as a commercial game by Pumpkin Studios and published in 1999, and was released as open source by them in 2004, for the community to continue working on it.
Note: the Steam version does not have a Linux build up and is not actually supported by anyone. Use the direct-download open source version linked.
- Warzone 2100 the 'Spectre Update' is out with game replays, spectating and more by Liam Dawe
1 November 2021 at 11:55 am UTC
- The 'Big Balance Update' is out now for Warzone 2100 by Liam Dawe
7 July 2021 at 3:45 pm UTC
- Classic open source RTS Warzone 2100 has a Beta out for the upcoming 4.1 release by Liam Dawe
21 June 2021 at 10:16 am UTC
- Warzone 2100 4.0 is officially out now with the Vulkan renderer by Liam Dawe
5 April 2021 at 8:24 am UTC
- Warzone 2100 4.0 gets a second Beta to polish up the huge release with Vulkan by Liam Dawe
23 March 2021 at 10:55 am UTC
- View all tagged articles.
- Proton Experimental bumps minimum driver version, more playable on Linux and Steam Deck
- Please Fix The Road will have an official version just for pirates
- Steam Deck gets some quick fixes, main Steam Client update with Deck Verified Collections
- The Linux port of Psychonauts 2 will land next week
- Deck Builders Round Up
Gamescope from Valve pulls in support for NVIDIA Image …
Old World from the Civilization IV designer releases on…
This Steam Deck Durability Test had me watching in horr…
Developer of popular noise suppression tool NoiseTorch …
Humble Battles of Yore Bundle has plenty for Linux and …
- See more comments
- How's your verification percentage?
- Favourite genres?
- Rise of the Tomb Raider SIGABRT(6) with Vega56 on Fedora 35/36…
- Steam Folder
- I haven't been able to get Kingdom Hearts to work on Linux becaus…
- See more posts