Cortex Command has rich 2D pixel graphics coupled with an extremely detailed physics engine, which allows for highly replayable and emergent real-time action. There is also a turn-based strategic campaign mode which ties the tactical fights together, featuring persistent terrains that will accumulate the battle scars, debris, and bunker ruins through your entire campaign.
Choose from several unique technology factions, each featuring their own sets of expendable soldier bodies, mechas, weapons, tools, and landing craft. Protect your brain, mine the gold, and destroy the enemy cortex in his bunker complex!
You can find the open source Community Project here on GitHub, giving an easy way to play it native on Linux.
- Cortex Command has a Community Project that aims to keep the game alive by Liam Dawe
15 January 2020 at 11:26 am UTC
- Steel Panthers: World at War (Wine)
- Steamworks gets Denuvo Anti-Cheat, here's what Irdeto say about Linux support
- Valve have multiple games in development they will announce says Gabe Newell
- Valve and others fined by the European Commission for 'geo-blocking' (updated)
- GOG has a huge sale on RPGs and sees the return of the classic Moonstone
- Open source PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 Remote Play client Chiaki has a final release
Bytten Studio say not to sleep on Linux in their postmo…
Wine compat layer devs discuss new Kernel interface to …
Lutris game manager v0.5.8.3 out, requires contributors…
NVIDIA release the Vulkan Beta Driver 455.50.03, new ex…
Plasma 5.21 Beta is out and it's a thing of beauty, tow…
- See more comments