It Is the Year 2034.
Beneath the ruins of post-apocalyptic Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro, the remnants of mankind are besieged by deadly threats from outside – and within. Mutants stalk the catacombs beneath the desolate surface, and hunt amidst the poisoned skies above.
But rather than stand united, the station-cities of the Metro are locked in a struggle for the ultimate power, a doomsday device from the military vaults of D6. A civil war is stirring that could wipe humanity from the face of the earth forever.
As Artyom, burdened by guilt but driven by hope, you hold the key to our survival – the last light in our darkest hour…
Looks like Metro: Last Light
could be heading to Linux, the SteamDB
shows this on its page:
Looks real enough to me. I have reached out to the developers for comment on it although considering how big they are we may not get a reply. There is no Linux content yet so it's not actually out yet.
If you remember I pointed it in a prior article
that Deep Silver did state that games like this may come!
I have personally played the original Metro: 2033 and it was great so this is welcome news to me.
- A gripping, story-driven first person shooter, Metro: Last Light is the hugely anticipated sequel to 2010’s critically acclaimed cult classic Metro 2033
- Experience thrilling combat with an exotic arsenal of hand-made weaponry against deadly foes – both human and mutant – and use stealth to launch attacks under the cover of darkness
- Explore the post-apocalyptic world of the Moscow Metro, one of the most immersive, atmospheric game worlds ever created
- Fight for every bullet and every last breath in a claustrophobic blend of survival horror and FPS gameplay
- Next generation technology boasting stunning lighting and physics sets a new graphical benchmark on both console and PC
This is a proper AAA First Person Shooter folks, not even Mac has it yet, great news!
I hope they bring out Metro: 2033 as well though since you know Linux users will be missing a part of the story...
It should go without saying by now but, make sure you wait until it's officially out before buying it, show them the Linux sales surge.
Thanks to @johndrinkwater
for the info (and to adolson who emailed me a few minutes later!).
The developers responded to my questions about the game;
That is one interesting web site, I did not know of its existence. Thanks for the link.
As for the information it gives – I am sure it is not a hoax. But that information does not really mean much. You would need to ask Deep Silver if or when the Linux version is going to be released, unfortunately we cannot give such information.
P.S. We appreciate you like our game, give us some time and your wishes might come true. :-)
So that's what the developers confirmed to me directly, just waiting for a reply from Deep Silver now folks.
When I asked "So you are developing the Linux version but only Deep Silver know if it will be released?" They responded again with;
QuoteLiam, we are not allowed to say anything about it until the official announcement, sorry.
The developer has confirmed it's real on my steam forum post
asking about it;
Quotewe're really working on Linux version. No release date, unfortunatelly. We've just started porting