Torment: Tides of Numenera
can be seen as the follow-up of the legendary Planescape: Torment (which I started a week ago in Wine again), it's developed by inXile who are also working on their Wasteland 2 kickstarter.
Like Wasteland 2 this will also use the Unity engine, so Linux support is confirmed from the get go.
- Torment is a single-player, isometric role-playing game.
- You will play a single, specific character, though you will encounter optional NPC companions you may choose to include in your party.
- The story-driven game will have a rich dialogue system and approach similar to that of Planescape: Torment.
- The game will be developed in the Unity engine for PC (Windows), Mac, and Linux platforms.
- The game will be available in English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish.
- The game will be distributed DRM-free. (You’ll be able to get it from Steam, and other DRM-free download options will be made available.)
This article was submitted by a guest and may not reflect the views of GamingOnLinux.com, we encourage anyone to submit their own articles.