Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Help with DE
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
Modofokus Oct 13, 2015
QuoteThat doesn't mean the power supply cannot be faulty.
Well sorry if it was a short answer, but my power supply don't have problems. I tested it no more than 1 week- 5 days ago (voltage, house-to-power energy).
Sorry if I couldn't explain myself.

But I missed one thing to ask.
I have my OS on a SSD (going to 1 year old) and my games on 2 HDD (some age). Can be that a problem with the stability?
wolfyrion Oct 13, 2015
I have been a computer technician for over 25 years , I have seen a lot of strange things happening with computers so I will just name a few even though they may sound a bit funny... :P

So about your computer and your distro freezing please check the following :

1. Linux in general is a bit sensitive to overclocking so if you have overclocked your computer you may experience freezing.
Also under clocking your computer it will freeze as well :P

2. Turn off your computer. Unplugged it from the electricity plug for 3-4 minutes.
As strange it sounds it worked for some Linux systems that were very slow or were freezing.

3. We had another strange incident with computer freezing while playing games witch a crackling sound.
Removing the sound card everything was working fine.
Inserting back the sound card computer was freezing again.
The sound card was a very expensive one , we called the manufacturer etc long story and at the end he told us to change the power supply.We were 100% sure that it was the sound card problem because the PSU was tested and was ok ,the power Supply we had was brand new and a good brand,but what a surprise changing the PSU it solved all the problems.

4. Kernel , 4.2 is a very nice and stable Kernel to use and 4.3rc5 is simply amazing according to my tests.

That's all for now... let me know if any of these helped you out...
LinuxGamesTV Oct 13, 2015
Quoting: Modofokus
QuoteThat doesn't mean the power supply cannot be faulty.
Well sorry if it was a short answer, but my power supply don't have problems. I tested it no more than 1 week- 5 days ago (voltage, house-to-power energy).
Sorry if I couldn't explain myself.

But I missed one thing to ask.
I have my OS on a SSD (going to 1 year old) and my games on 2 HDD (some age). Can be that a problem with the stability?

Check your Hardware Rams please:

http://www.memtest.org/download/5.01/memtest86+-5.01.iso.gz

Test 24 h. Are the Rams OK, then we'll see.
Modofokus Oct 14, 2015
Okey guys I found the problem.
The good news: was the MB causing all the problems with the RAM sockets that are f**ked up.
The bad news: I'll have to trash it... well it was good to play with him... RIP.
Anyways, thanks to all of you guys, I'm really thankfully.

Peace.

PD: If anyone want to know the MB model, it is: GA-Z77X-UD3H rev 1.1
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.