Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Nvidia Drivers 358.16, are they stable?
Avehicle7887 Nov 26, 2015
358.16 came out a few days ago, I've noticed they fixed many issues from the beta one. Has anyone tried this driver yet and how stable is it?

I usually update without thinking twice but given the issues during beta it has me concerned. Thanks for any input.
Shmerl Nov 27, 2015
They fixed a few bugs for my KDE Plasma 5.4.2 installation. But EGL mode still doesn't work.
Xpander Nov 27, 2015
some people got steam crashes with the new driver .. probably was steam issue and is fixed now...

i have been with 358.16 from the beginning with kernel 4.3 and xorg 1.18 ... stable so far
no weirdness, no crashes, no img corruption etc. but also no performance improvements over the previous 355.11
so unless it had some fixes you really need there seems to be no rush really to update.

gsync owners will want 358.16 drivers though
Avehicle7887 Nov 27, 2015
Hmm, it looks like I'll wait for the next ones this time around. Thank you :-)
slaapliedje Nov 28, 2015
I thought there were some optimization for Alien Isolation in the 358.x drivers, so I had been running the beta. But if you don't play that, then probably no need to update.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.