You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Gray dots in Metro 2033 Redux..
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
Comandante Ñoñardo Jan 10, 2016
Anyone else is having the same problem?

Metro 2033 Redux gray dots

Is just my LG monitor problem? Or is a generic Linux problem?
Liam Dawe Jan 10, 2016
That's weird, what resolution is that at and what gpu/driver?
Quoting: TheBossThat's weird, what resolution is that at and what gpu/driver?

1080p Nvidia 750ti.. 346.96
Avehicle7887 Jan 10, 2016
Quoting: Comandante ÑoñardoAnyone else is having the same problem?

Metro 2033 Redux gray dots

Is just my LG monitor problem? Or is a generic Linux problem?

Found this thread on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/287390/discussions/1/619573787381740851/

Screenshot:

Looks like an engine issue, since more people get it, it's not from your hardware.
Very weird...

The more visual quality I set, the more gray dots I have... With the settings at medium, there is no gray dots....

I have to do more experiments..
Liam Dawe Jan 10, 2016
Can you update your driver? Try at least the 352 stable series and see what happens, you're using a pretty old driver.
Comandante Ñoñardo Jan 11, 2016
Quoting: TheBossCan you update your driver? Try at least the 352 stable series and see what happens, you're using a pretty old driver.

If You tell me how to do that on Ubuntu...
Skully Jan 11, 2016
Been a while. But yes I got that too if I turned the "quality " option too high. When it first came out loads of people were talking about it on steams forums. I have seen it on 2 of my friends linux boxes aswell. The only thing we all had in common was Nvidia Gpu's. So it's not a problem with your computer.

P.s. I couldn't tell the game looked any worse by lowering that option. I took bunch of screenshots both ways. And apart from the dots, the higher settings didn't look at all better.
Liam Dawe Jan 11, 2016
Quoting: SkullyBeen a while. But yes I got that too if I turned the "quality " option too high. When it first came out loads of people were talking about it on steams forums. I have seen it on 2 of my friends linux boxes aswell. The only thing we all had in common was Nvidia Gpu's. So it's not a problem with your computer.

P.s. I couldn't tell the game looked any worse by lowering that option. I took bunch of screenshots both ways. And apart from the dots, the higher settings didn't look at all better.

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2015/08/ubuntu-nvidia-graphics-drivers-ppa-is-ready-for-action
Skully Jan 11, 2016
Quoting: TheBoss
Quoting: SkullyBeen a while. But yes I got that too if I turned the "quality " option too high. When it first came out loads of people were talking about it on steams forums. I have seen it on 2 of my friends linux boxes aswell. The only thing we all had in common was Nvidia Gpu's. So it's not a problem with your computer.

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2015/08/ubuntu-nvidia-graphics-drivers-ppa-is-ready-for-action

Not sure why you quoted me in your response there. At the time I had the very latest drivers as always. And I never use Ubuntu or Mint. Which is probably why I always have the latest drivers without needing stupid PPA's.
Comandante Ñoñardo Jan 11, 2016
Quoting: TheBossCan you update your driver? Try at least the 352 stable series and see what happens, you're using a pretty old driver.
I managed to install the 352.63 version... The problem persists

I have the Windows version too, thanks to GOG, and I can tell You that this problem doesn't exist at High and Very High Quality... In fact, in windows, the game looks better and better with those presets..

I think the Medium quality is the only true quality available in the Linux version... The High and Very High quality must be faked by some filters.

All this makes me wonder how 4A Games made this port... Maybe it was made from the PS4 version and not from the Windows version.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.