For the truckers out there, American Truck Simulator [Steam] has a big new open beta available with plenty of new stuff to play with.
They confirmed to me on Twitter that this beta update is also open to Linux gamers to test out too.
- Weigh station pass device
- Trailer liftable axles
- Differential lock
- Adaptive transmission modes (power, normal, eco)
- Improved engine simulation model (friction, braking, consumption)
- Air pressure simulation improved (pressure buildup, cut-off sound, application pressure), working air pressure values fixed
- Transmission input shaft simulation (double clutch)
- Coin sound tweaked
- Field Of View (FOV) range increased to 40-120 degrees in adjuster
- If engine brake toggle input is not assigned, increase/decrease engine brake input work similar to retarder (in range from 0 to maximum)
- Tuned wheel noise to be more noticeable with loud engines
- Multiple fueling points on gas stations
g_force_economy_reset flag is disabled after economy reset
You can find the full blog post here that details the updates.
I really admire the amount of effort SCS Software put into post-release support of their titles. It would be nice if they would get radio working on Linux though!
Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month: