It's that time of the year again, Steam are now doing their own Winter Sale and there's obviously a lot of cheap games available for Linux.
Here's a few picks of my own, games that I know run reasonably well on Linux while also being on sale:
- Rocket League - I reserve my right to talk about Rocket League any time. It's hooked me like no other game has been able to since the release of Dota 2 and it's my absolute favourite game in the world right now. You can also get involved in some of our tournaments!
- Surviving Mars - A city-builder with a difference, can you tame the barren wasteland of Mars and build a thriving colony? Even better with the recent expansion!
- Opus Magnum - The puzzle game that made me fall in love with Zachtronics. Build machines, watch them work and then make them even better.
- DiRT Rally - One of the few good rally games to be available on Linux, ported by Feral Interactive it's a beautiful game. Difficult but still worth a look if you still haven't.
- Dead Cells - Easily one of the best games released this year. Tough combat, absolutely gorgeous art and certainly addictive to push through one more run.
- BATTLETECH - Massive mech units smashing each other to pieces, what's not to love about that? Linux version still classed as a beta, but it does work rather swimmingly.
- Prison Architect - Building the best and most secure prison in the world just got more fun with money off. Even better, it just gained multiplayer support.
For those who want to try out Steam Play, remember to take a look at ProtonDB first before deciding. While user-reports should always be taken with a pinch of salt, they're at least a reasonable indicator of what to expect.
Valve are also giving out some free stuff each day at the Cozy Cottage. You will get things like profile backgrounds, emoticons, DLC for popular games and so on.