One game that could be worth keeping an eye on is the ski resort building and management sim Snowtopia. Currently available free to test on itch.io, it's in the early stages of development.
It's being made primarily by Tea for Two, an independent studio based in Paris, France. The two people are Garry Williams (Programmer) who used to work for Ubisoft and Electronic Arts and Anne Lautrou (Producer) an ex-educator and "sustainable development consultant". On top of that, they're also working with freelancers and Blueprint, the collective they co-founded in 2016.
- Build and manage your ski resorts
- Trace trails and place lifts
- Unlock challenging skier profiles
- Design the ski area and allocate the workforce
- Maintain balance within the mountain
- Improve facilities and specialize your stations
They're targetting Windows, Mac, Linux but considering how early in development it seems there's no current release date.
Check it out on itch.io and keep it on your watch list. I love the idea, keen to see what they can do with it. I'm a huge sucker for building sims like this.
Hat tip to NuSuey.