If you're in need for some fast-paced ruthless action, GOG has you covered today with their release of 10tons' twin-stick shooter Neon Chrome. Note: Key provided by GOG.
For those interested, their later shooter JYDGE was built upon Neon Chrome and it's even set within the same world and so they are quite similar. The mechanics all feel the same too but the main thing going for Neon Chrome is that it has procedural levels so the replay factor is quite different.
- Completely destructible environment
- Persistent character development using loot from your runs
- Enemies ranging from security guards to massive boss hover tanks
- Perk system in the form of cybernetic enhancements
- Procedurally generated levels - endless replayability
- Over a dozen weapons
- Discover & unlock enhancements, abilities and weapons
Absolutely no issues with the Linux version, games from 10tons always work well for me and they're always good fun too. It has a satisfying gameplay loop to it, with you running and gunning through quite a number of levels. As you progress you pick upgrades, swap weapons and cause all kinds of carnage. When you die, you get to start again keeping money accrued through your run to apply some persistent upgrades to things like health, damage, luck and so on.