While 9 Monkeys of Shaolin did have a pretty big delay, Sobaka Studio have just recently announced a new release date (including Linux support) along with help from Koch Media.
Originally, it was supposed to release last Fall and they didn't give a reason for the delay but their latest announcement mentions "9 Monkeys of Shaolin will be released in the third quarter of 2019".
Reaching out to the developer on Twitter today, they confirmed to us it will still include Linux support. Fantastic news, since I'm always wanting to play more beat 'em ups.
What they say it will feature:
- 3 unique fighting styles: fight on earth, in the air or use mysterious magic seals. Combine these elements to defeat every enemy on your way.
- Captivating narrative: discover the fascinating story of Wei Cheng and follow him as he rises from a simple fisherman to the master of Shaolin martial arts.
- Stunning visual style: unlikely combination of historical and mystical elements gives you an exciting experience from every scene appears on screen.
- Extensive character development system: you learn a great deal of ways to victory as you discover various unlockable perks, items and fighting styles.
- More than 25 different levels: Chinese villages, pirate ship, Buddhist monasteries, Japanese mansions, ancient ruins and many more.
- 10 types of Chinese and Japanese polearms, each with its unique traits. Discover the landscapes to find new items!
- Co-op play: invite your friend to help you fight through growing waves of enemies and complete the game together.