Love building up a city and watching it all come to life? Good news for you then, as The Colonists has now been released for Linux. Set in the far future, you follow a group of self-replicating robots that have escaped from Earth. As they search for somewhere to call home, they're also trying to achieve their dream goal: to become human.
- A relaxing, engrossing settlement building game
- Three Ages of technology — progress from dirt roads to a busy train network!
- Clear and helpful early levels to get you started
- Sandbox Mode for freeform play without constraints
- A choice of Peaceful or Combat mission tracks
Love the idea of this one and I do enjoy a good city-builder, so hopefully I will be taking a look sometime. The Linux release comes after it's had numerous large updates to the game including Steam Workshop support, a Map Editor and plenty more so we're getting the best of it!