If you don't get frustrated easily and you enjoy a challenge, perhaps also a bit of speedrunning, MineRalph is probably a game you will enjoy.
The developer, Chop Chop Games, say it pays homage to classic difficult games. With gameplay that's a sort-of mashup of "Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Meat Boy - with the level design of Super Mario... and the control scheme of Angry Birds". Quite a simple game mechanically but it's by no means easy.
- High speed, twitch gameplay
- Easy to learn, hard to master control scheme
- Countless ways to clear every level
- Fully handcrafted retro pixel art
- Original music that gets your heart pumping
- Built with speedrunning in mind
- NO Randomness, NO cut-scenes, NO bullshit!
- Tons of rock puns
Super simple controls, with just mouse movements and a single click to launch yourself in any direction at varying speeds to overcome all sorts of obstacles. A game that requires ample patience, as even the demo made me personally rage a little while I got to grips with the movement.
You can find it on Steam now. There's also a demo you can try.