Kalypso Media and developers Yippee! Entertainment have announced that the Commandos 2 - HD Remaster, which will support Linux, is now going to be releasing in 2020.
Originally due sometime towards the end of the year, Kalypso Media emailed out today a change in the planning. It's releasing for Windows first in January 2020, with all other versions to follow in Spring 2020. No reason was given for the delay to Linux, Mac and Consoles however they were very clear in their press email to us that Linux is supported still.
- Re-imagined in HD with reworked controls, modernized UI and an overhauled tutorial.
- Interactive environments: steal enemy uniforms and weapons, climb poles, swing from cables, swim, utilize vehicles, and climb in/out of buildings, ships and planes.
- Control nine unique commandos, each with different skills and specializations including green beret, sniper, demolition expert, diver, seductress and thief.
- The Commandos series’ first appearance in a modern 3D Engine: rotate the environment 360 degrees, move seamlessly in and out of buildings, submarines, planes and underwater, and zoom in and out of the environment.
- Authentic WWII scenarios: 10 missions spanning 9 different environments in night and day, with realistic weather effects.
- The choice is yours: how you tackle each mission is up to you. Experiment with skills and weapons in a challenging “against the odds” gameplay style.
- WWII vehicles and weapons, including jeeps, tanks, trucks, ships, bazookas and flame-throwers.
You can wishlist and follow it on Steam.
The Praetorians - HD Remaster, which Kalypso Media are doing with Torus Games is also facing the same delay but that will not support Linux still. If that changes, we will let you know.