Rats, Bats, and Bones from Mark Begenisich looks like a great retro-styled strategy game, one that takes the gameplay idea of Tower Defense and replaces it with Traps.
Certainly not a new idea, Dungeon Warfare released back in 2015 also does something quite similar but the gameplay style between them is entirely different. Rats, Bats, and Bones really does look great giving you tons options to deal with the undead. Check out the trailer below:
After being in Early Access since December last year, the full release towards the end of last month came with a big update. It brings with it an additional 15 hand-crafted levels to play through, new types of monsters to deal with and new traps like the Scythe which swings across the screen slicing through the hordes.
- Play 45 hand-crafted levels with multiple difficulties
- Earn silver to unlock new abilities as you play through the story
- Deploy 24 clever traps in your own creative way
- Each trap has its own unique upgrade to unlock
- Choose between 14 powerful player bonuses
- Battle against over 26 unique enemies
- See how far you can last in "endless" mode
- Killer synthwave soundtrack
Sound like your thing? Find Rats, Bats, and Bones on Steam.