There's a lot of sweet Linux games to look forward to, one of them being Chained Echoes. Set in a world where a Dragon is as common a sight as a mechanised suit flying around.
Funded on Kickstarter and listed in our little overview of crowdfunded titles coming to Linux, the creator Matthias Linda announced that it now has a Steam page live where you can follow along. They also confirmed on Twitter, that the Linux (and macOS) releases are still planned. Another reminder of a quality-looking title coming to Linux.
Not seen it before? Have a look at their original trailer:
We have a wait on our hands here though, as it's not due out until next year. This is one I hope they truly take their time to craft a meaningful experience, as the world and style do look quite incredible. Going by the updates on Kickstarter, work has been progressing well.
- 20-25 hours of play time
- Fast paced turn-based battles
- No random encounters; enemies can be seen running around
- Tons of items to be looted, stolen or crafted
- Complex skill and equipment system
- Customize your own airship
- Travel and fight by foot or in your Mech
- 16-bit SNES style graphics
- Music inspired by PSX RPGs
You can now wishlist/follow Chained Echoes on Steam.
Want to see more crowdfunded Linux games? We have a dedicated page here.