Get ready to cast your votes, as the Linux GOTY Award 2019 is now open for business. After some time to let people nominate games, we've done a bit of cleaning up and it's ready.
This is a simple way to show off to other Linux gamers what's really good, it shows developers their games are appreciated on Linux and it's supposed to be a bit of community fun.
We're going to keep it open for voting for a full week, so you can come back to a category if you can't yet make up your mind. It will close around 8PM UTC on Saturday 8th February.
Head on over to the GOTY Page now to cast your votes.
- We removed the "Biggest step up for Linux support" category because it just didn't make sense. No one really understood it.
- Next year it's going to be smaller, simpler and more fun. It's too many categories as it is and it became a nightmare to admin it. We will decide on a few fun categories for next time!
- We know it's 2020, we run it when 2019 is actually finished to be fair to all games.
- Two votes per category - so you can vote for your favourite and then your runner-up.
- You can reset your votes in each category any time before it ends.
- Nothing is perfect, sometimes really good stuff gets missed.