Currently in Early Access, Caffeine: Victoria's Legacy is a fantasy Visual Novel with a Steampunk theme and it's going to be releasing in full on March 20 with Linux support.
"Caffeine: Victoria's Legacy is a choice-rich, fantasy adventure visual novel set in a steampunk Victorian reality. Join Taka in discovering his roots and search for his family's secrets, in a city where baristas are knights and coffee is king."
Visual Novels aren't something I usually cover here myself, mainly as they're not what really interests me. However, Caffeine: Victoria's Legacy has a level of quality that appears to rise above a lot of what's come out in recent years. Some pretty good writing, it's graphically very pretty, wonderful music and there's plenty of actual animation included too.
- Story-Rich - Over 20 hours of gameplay with four romanceable routes and one true ending. Rich in lore and coffee trivia!
- Choice Matters - Hundreds of choices to make, from the quirky to ones that matter.
- Dozens of endings - Explore the dozens of possible endings in this 450,000 words visual novel.
- Animated Sprites & CGs - All sprites are animated. More than 10 animated CG scenes.
- Original Music Composition - Over 20 OSTs, including an opening and ending theme song.
- Partially Voiced Characters - Over 1000+ lines of voiced dialogue during Intro and CG Scenes