Join us on our own very special Reddit: /r/Linuxers

This is your once a month reminder to make sure your PC information is correct on your user profiles. A fresh batch of statistics is generated on the 1st of each month.

You need to be logged in to see when you last updated your PC info!

You can see the statistics any time on this page.

PC Info is automatically purged if it hasn't been updated, or if you don't click the link to remain in for 2 years. This way we prevent too much stale data and don't hold onto your data for longer than required. If this is still correct and it has been a long time since you updated, you can simply click here to continue to be included. If this isn't correct, click here to go to your User Control Panel to update it!

Tags: Site Info, Survey

AlexC 25 April 2020 at 11:01 am UTC
Hi.
Suggestion, can you add Oculus devices in the VR dropdowns also?
Liam Dawe 25 April 2020 at 12:05 pm UTC
AlexCHi.
Suggestion, can you add Oculus devices in the VR dropdowns also?
Added Rift / Rift S.

I suppose even though they don't support Linux, a fair amount of people dual-boot and such so it's useful to know.
Botonoski 25 April 2020 at 12:58 pm UTC
Man, I really need a proper upgrade, it's been years.
Problem is I kind of have to throw the baby out with the bath water here, I can't upgrade the CPU without getting a new motherboard, and I can't use my current RAM in a new motherboard. Plus the front IO on my case is borked, and while the PSU works, that's only due to a slightly hacky fix I did to it maybe a year ago.

Still I can hardly justify an upgrade when it's a very stable system capable of playing all the modern titles I'm interested in.

Last edited by Botonoski on 25 April 2020 at 1:00 pm UTC
Gamewizard 25 April 2020 at 2:02 pm UTC
I should be updating my info next month finally. Will be so glad to have a proper tower again.
Cyril 25 April 2020 at 2:11 pm UTC
BotonoskiMan, I really need a proper upgrade, it's been years.

So, why you need it?
cdnr1 25 April 2020 at 2:54 pm UTC
i never get those
Liam Dawe 25 April 2020 at 3:28 pm UTC
cdnr1i never get those
Never get...what?
Duke Takeshi 25 April 2020 at 4:11 pm UTC
I was just recently checking out the statistics page for the first time in more detail, and man that's a lot of data there! I think it's a really cool feature to have here at GOL. I was kind of astonished that the majority of people actually use arch. Also I wouldn't have thought that KDE plasma is the most popular DE, since I personally think it's more for power users who know how to handle all the customisation stuff that you can do there without breaking anything
TimeFreeze 25 April 2020 at 4:39 pm UTC
How about adding to the Controller Section the Stadia one? Also probably not worth it but would be interesting : An Internet Section where you can select a range of speed. Like 5Mbps or 50 or 100 and so on.
Rooster 25 April 2020 at 4:48 pm UTC
Duke TakeshiAlso I wouldn't have thought that KDE plasma is the most popular DE, since I personally think it's more for power users who know how to handle all the customisation stuff that you can do there without breaking anything

But you can customize pretty much everything using GUI in KDE. I certainly don't think it's meant for power users. I would say "tech-illiterates" can easily handle KDE.