You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!

A quick tip for you this morning! Alien: Isolation, one of the scariest games I've ever played has hit an all-time low price. Yesterday was 'Alien Day', a yearly celebration of the Alien franchise that happens on April 26 due to the moon in the first two films designation as LV-426.

To go along with Alien Day, Alien: Isolation hit a ridiculous price of £1.49 on Humble Store and the whole collection can be picked up for £8.74. That is an insane price, even for just the base game, considering how impressive it is and how long it is. That's a lot of game for less than £2!

Originally released in October 2014, Alien: Isolation later came to Linux in Ocrober 2015 thanks to a port from Feral Interactive and they did a great job on it.

If you never got a chance to see it, our livestreamer did a full playthrough on our Twitch Channel, where something pretty hilarious (warning: sweary) happened.

See the full Alien Day sale on Humble Store, or Steam if you prefer. You've got another 30 or so hours to pick up a copy and I do thoroughly recommend it.

Tchey 27 April 2020 at 9:50 am UTC

Last edited by Tchey on 27 April 2020 at 9:50 am UTC
Patola 27 April 2020 at 9:53 am UTC
TcheyI tried to like this game several times, but i find it very boring and over-hyped.
Compared to which ones? I played a dozen other survival horror games, this one still looks the best one (I finished its campaign three times, which says something since games like these do not have a lot of replayability). Maybe you don't like the genre?
haiku 27 April 2020 at 9:57 am UTC
Outlast 2 was the most scariest for me
Rooster 27 April 2020 at 10:04 am UTC
Funny thing about scary games: I gave my girlfriend Amnesia to play, she played it for about 3 hours and found it boring.
Then I switched to playing Sekiro and she was more tense and scared by just watching me play it, then in all 3 hours she played Amnesia.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, Sekiro is actually the scariest game I ever played. Even more so, than Bloodborne. Of course, for most part, the game is not scary, only some moments in the game are, but the same can be said about games like Amnesia or Alien Isolation. With the difference, that the non-scary sections in Sekiro are far from boring.

Last edited by Rooster on 27 April 2020 at 10:15 am UTC
WorMzy 27 April 2020 at 10:11 am UTC
I found this game more frustrating than scary. So frustrating that I gave up playing at one point.
fabertawe 27 April 2020 at 10:30 am UTC
I've only played about 30 minutes, I couldn't take it I will get back to it at some point though!
SirLootALot 27 April 2020 at 10:32 am UTC
Funny, that one of the DLCs is called CORPORATE LOCKDOWN.
whizse 27 April 2020 at 11:02 am UTC
Thanks for the heads up, got the game!

(Also, I seriously can't believe Alien Day came and went and I didn't get a single card or carnation!)
TimeFreeze 27 April 2020 at 11:20 am UTC
mirv 27 April 2020 at 12:00 pm UTC
TimeFreezeAnyone here who can tell me what they exactly mean with AMD and Intel not supported? I assume that you can still play it but yeah.

If I recall correctly, it was that it couldn't be guaranteed to work at the time with the most commonly used (Mesa) driver versions for supported distros. It was either poor performance, or lacking in OpenGL features. Shouldn't be an issue now - but I'm downloading now just to see.
Honestly not my type of game, but for that price I'm willing just to see how it runs if nothing else. Also been thinking of an Alien movie marathon again, could be cool to incorporate this into it.