Developer Unexpected and publisher Goblinz Studio are currently working on 'As Far As The Eye', an incredibly stylish turn-based city-builder that will be on Linux at release.
We had an email through recently regarding a Closed Beta, sadly that is currently Windows only. The good news though, is that Goblinz Studio replied with a clear answer that it will be available on Linux (and macOS) at release. There's no trailer yet, however you can see just how beautiful it looks below:
It seems like a slightly unusual turn-based game too, with no enemies. In fact your tribe, known as the Pupils, are pacifists. In the game you will be responsible for settling, building, harvesting, recruiting and then journey towards the next location as you're ever moving closer towards the centre of their world.
- Plan the best path for your tribe to take in order to go as far as the Eye.
- Explore, analyze and search places of interest for long lost treasures on a procedurally generated journey.
- Harvest, build, stock and leave your halt before the wave engulfs your tribe.
- Improve your pupils through the job system, your buildings through the improvement system and your whole tribe through Tribe's Knowledge.
- Survive dire conditions and protect the Pupils against random events.
- Meet allies, negotiate for resources, recruit new Pupils and more!
- Make offerings in Sacred Sites or plunder them, but never forget you'll have to bear the consequences of your actions.
- Live a peaceful adventure as there are no enemies in As Far As The Eye
You can wishlist/follow on Steam. There's no exact date for when the full version will release, once we know we will endeavour to let you know.