Beyond Blue looks like a wonderful narrative adventure, one made with the help of real science and they recently announced a June 11 release date.
The press email only mentioned "PC" which is usually used in place of Windows and then specific consoles, so we looked to get that cleared up since it was originally announced for Linux. When speaking to the developer E-Line Media about the Linux version they stated, "The production team is working out a plan that will launch Linux as soon as we are able.". Good to see it's still coming!
- Throughout eight different dives you'll explore the untouched world of our ocean and use technology at the edge of understanding
- Experience an evocative narrative with full voice cast - Anna Akana (YouTube), Mira Furlan (Lost, Babylon 5), Hakeem Kae-Kazim (Black Sails, Hotel Rwanda), and Ally Maki (Toy Story 4)
- Play as Mirai as you explore and adventure through an untouched world - tracking sea creatures, unraveling mysteries, and interacting with the ocean like never before
- Listen to a captivating and entertaining soundtrack featuring an original score and music from Miles Davis, The Flaming Lips, The Edisons, and more
- Unlock sixteen unique mini-documentaries called Ocean Insights that feature original footage and interviews with science’s leading ocean experts
You can follow Beyond Blue on Steam. Once they communicate a confirmed date for the Linux version, we will let you know.