Developer Gareth Ffoulkes is currently working on One Dreamer, a narrative story adventure about an indie game developer suffering burnout. There's a Prologue and it now has a Linux Beta that needs some testing.
Ffoulkes mentioned they've successfully tested it on Ubuntu but they're looking for more, to ensure that it can have a smooth release. Have a look at the trailer below:
- A narrative-driven story about indie game developers.
- Meet 15 English voiced characters from quirky NPCs to a sentient arcade machine.
- Explore beautifully crafted pixel art environments using 2.5D movement and a unique 360° section system.
- Realistic, but easy to understand pseudocode puzzles based on C#.
- Beautiful original soundtrack.
- Pet a dog
After trying out the intro myself, it seems to work great on Manjaro Linux and it seems like quite a unique idea for a game. Getting you to interact and basically hack things around you to change them is quite clever.
If you wish to try it out, the Linux Beta of One Dreamer: Prologue can be found on itch.io. The developer mentioned this form if you have feedback to send. Hopefully if it goes well we will see it up on the Steam page and then for the full game when it releases.