The highly rated first-person melee combat game Paint the Town Red is violent, bloody and getting bigger.
Released into Early Access back in 2015, this ultra-violent game of punching and kicking has continued to expand with new content and game modes with it going on to receive a very high user rating on Steam. As bloody as it is, Paint the Town Red isn't supposed to be taken seriously at all with it's blocky voxel-style.
Over the last few months it's had some pretty huge updates which includes a 2-4 player cooperative multiplayer addition to Beneath, the rogue-like campaign mode. There's also now an Endless Mode for the Arena so you can keep fighting for as long as you can survive. Together the new modes add quite a bit of extra gameplay.
Admittedly, I only picked it up today after seeing it pop up on Steam so I've not spent too long with it but it's pretty amusing. Being able to just run through a Bar in one of the included quick scenarios and just smash chairs and all sorts onto people was pretty funny.
Some of the features:
- Completely destructible voxel-based enemies
- Biker Bar, Disco, Prison and Pirate Cove scenarios with unique enemies, weapons, etc
- Beneath: A massive rogue-like campaign filled with upgrades to unlock, secrets and bosses to fight
- Arena mode with multiple challenges
- Online Co-op Multiplayer
- Level Editor and Steam Workshop support with hundreds of user created levels
Completely ridiculous, over the top gory and a lot of fun to have a quick blast with. My favourite feature though? Like a few other games, it can capture a quick gif of the action: