A big free patch and an expansive new DLC are now available for American Truck Simulator. Prepare to travel through Idaho and take in the sights.
Firstly, the free 1.38 update for ATS is out that brings with it Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO), a redesigned route advisor, navigation ETA to the next waypoint in route advisor and in world map, a major revamp to the city of Las Vegas with new road networks and more detailed scenery, improved Truckstops and quite a bit more. The patch is so big that they gave it a dedicated video.
Also now available is the American Truck Simulator - Idaho DLC and it's surprisingly big looking at everything that went into it. Here's the highlights of what's included:
- Over 3,300 miles of new roads to discover and explore
- 11 new cities - drive through downtown Boise, Coeur d'Alene set on a gorgeous lake or Idaho Falls with a lovely touristic center
- A brand new viewpoint feature that gives you a new perspective of the world
- Expanded fan-favorite industries such as farming, timber harvesting or wood processing
- Visit the famous Craters of the Moon National Monument and Preserve
- Over 40 recognizable spots from the Historical Highway Marker program
- State-specific geographical landmarks such as canyons, valleys or basalt rock formations
- Many familiar truck stops and rest areas that truckers will know from the real world
- Finely-tuned road layouts and true-to-life signage
- Idaho-specific achievements to unlock
For an overview check out the release video below:
It's not been out for long (July 16) but it's already hit a Very Positive user rating on Steam, showing that all the attention SCS Software put into it as being worthwhile.