Spacebase Startopia is getting closer and during Gamescom 2020, some new footage surfaced giving us a better look at what to expect from it.
The what - Spacebase Startopia is a fresh take on the classic and much loved Startopia from Mucky Foot Productions, which originally released in 2001. They say it will offer up a mixture of a building sim with city-building and base-management mixed in with some RTS-styled skirmishes. It's due for release on October 23 from Realmforge Studios (Dungeons 3) and Kalypso Media.
Have a look at the new footage below, with commentary by a developer:
- Singleplayer campaign with 10 fully voiced single player missions
- Individually configurable sandbox mode
- Competitive and a cooperative multiplayer for up to 4 players
- Build 30+ rooms across three very different decks to offer everything that the visiting aliens could wish for
- Manage a melting pot of different alien races, each with their own individual – and sometimes contradictory - needs and desires
- Produce and trade resources to turn a profit, while running sabotage missions against your competitors