Like a lot of things across this year, the actual Linux PC version of Commandos 2 - HD Remaster has been pushed back to this Winter.
Commandos 2 - HD Remaster is a revamp of the original and much loved 2002 strategy game from Pyro Studios and Eidos Interactive. Kalypso Media now own the rights, so with Yippee! Entertainment they worked to produce an updated version with higher resolution art, reworked controls, a fresh UI and a new tutorial.
The Linux (and macOS/Switch) version was originally due in the Spring after the whole game was delayed from 2019 to 2020, then they pushed it back to the Fall and now they've confirmed on Twitter that it will be happening this Winter. No reason given at any point but with the COVID19 outbreak all sorts of delays are to be expected across the industry.
- Re-imagined in HD with reworked controls, modernized UI and overhauled tutorial.
- Interactive environments: steal enemy uniforms and weapons, climb poles, swing from cables, swim, utilize vehicles, and climb in/out of buildings, ships and planes.
- Control nine unique commandos, each with different skills and specializations including green beret, sniper, demolition expert, diver, seductress and thief.
- The Commandos series’ first appearance in a modern 3D Engine: rotate the environment 360 degrees, move seamlessly in and out of buildings, submarines, planes and underwater, and zoom in and out of the environment.
- Authentic WWII scenarios: 10 missions spanning 9 different environments in night and day, with realistic weather effects.
- The choice is yours: how you tackle each mission is up to you. Experiment with skills and weapons in a challenging “against the odds” gameplay style.
- WWII vehicles and weapons, including jeeps, tanks, trucks, ships, bazookas and flame-throwers.
Hopefully by then some of the lingering issues will have been solved, as it didn't get the best reception at release and still even now it sounds like it's got a long list of bugs.