Goner from Canary Islands based developer Loco Players is going to provide quite a frightening looking survival horror, with plenty of dinosaurs roaming the lands.
They're clearly not making another ARK: Survival Evolved either, as this seems to have much more of a focus on the story of your survival with plenty of primal fear involved. In Goner, you take on the role of Anthony Sunder, who is on a journey to find their missing mother and her expedition crew. This search leads you to the location of a ghost island inhabited by hostile members of a lost civilization and feral fauna you thought extinct.
"There's many dinosaur games but there has been no single player, story driven survival-horror game since Dino Crisis was released 20 years ago, and that one was not from the first-person perspective", says Yeray Schwartz, CEO at Loco Players.
- Self-manage your hunger, thirst, fatigue, temperature and health.
- Hunt, collect, cook, drink, rest or craft.
- Save your progress using a specific consumable in a safe room.
- Limited inventory capacity.
- Day and night cycles with sun and moon phases + weather system.
- Complex AI and behaviors.
- Camouflage your smell with mud or water.
- Two Game Modes: Survival and Story.
- Custom your appearance and defenses with self-made armor or clothes, building and setting traps.
- The island will be fill with natural dangers such as toxic gases, poisonous flora and fauna, lava or quicksand.
It's crowdfunding on Kickstarter, and with 22 days still to go it's already fully funded passed the initial €24,600 goal. I spoke with Loco Players personally, where they confirmed their plan was to have a simultaneous Linux and Windows launch and they've now updated their Kickstarter FAQ to clearly mention release target platforms.