Three years after launching, Asymmetric have given West of Loathing a big anniversary update to get rid of some issues and add in some silly new content. Even their version numbering is ridiculous, with this being update v184.108.40.206.1.
From the creators of the browser-based comedy MMORPG Kingdom of Loathing, don't let the stick figures and super-simple style fool you, this is a great game worthy of your time and it's definitely funny. Easily one of 2017's best indie games. This is where you get to pick a character class between a Cow Puncher, a Beanslinger and a Snake Oiler so you know you're in a for a wild ride right away.
The majority of this new update is just cleaning up some loose ends but there's a few little highlights:
- Through the miracle of animation, the clown described as flipping his knife by the campfire is now actually depicted flipping his knife by the campfire.
- There's a new character to chat with at Clooncy's in Frisco.
- Once you've dealt with Norton, there are now pedestrians wandering in Frisco, and they have a few things to say to you.
- A bunch of combats now have custom fight backgrounds that more accurately represent their locale. No one ever complained about this, but now that we've brought it to your attention I fully expect to get reports about other places where things look weird.
- Unity upgrade to Unity 2019.4
- All known typos have been fixxed, except that one.
Highly recommended if you've not played it yet.
Not seen it before? The original release trailer can be viewed below: