X4: Foundations is set to get much bigger with the upcoming 4.0 free upgrade and the massive sounding X4: Cradle of Humanity expansion due late this year.
This new expansion takes the X series back to Earth, which will significantly increase the size of the in-game universe with new sectors and it will bring in two Terran factions along with their economy, ships, weapons, stations and so on. Things are about to get political too, as they will come with their own issues and alternate perspective on the story so far.
- Big expansion of the X4: Foundations universe with new sectors
- Return of Terran factions with economy, ships, weapons and stations
- Thrilling new story missions and adventures to experience
- New game-starts that allow new perspectives on the X4: Foundations story
- Introducing a new terraforming gameplay feature, evolving the endgame
- Visual improvements such as volumetric fog, making the X universe look better than ever
With the X4: Cradle of Humanity expansion, Egosoft also announce the "biggest free update to X4: Foundations yet" with the 4.0 update. It will bring in "major new gameplay features (e.g. a new terraforming feature) and wide-ranging visual improvements (e.g. volumetric fog)" with more info to come at a later date.
There's no trailer for it yet but a teaser will be shown today during Gamescom. If you want to watch it will premier around 23:45 CEST / 10:45pm BST / 5:45pm EDT / 2:45pm PDT on the IGN YouTube. We will update the article once it's available.
Update: here they are, they put out a proper trailer and then some gameplay.