The team hacking away on the Wine compatibility layer have put out another development build with Wine 5.18 now being made available. Wine 5.18 comes not long after the Wine team also released vkd3d 1.2, their Direct3D 12 to Vulkan translation layer and it seems part of the work was on integrations here.
Here's the highlights:
- Vulkan shader compilation using the new vkd3d-shader library.
- USER32 library converted to PE.
- Console no longer requires the curses library.
- Support for display modes with various orientations.
- A number of syntax fixes in the WIDL compiler.
- Non-recursive makefiles.
Along with this release they noted a further 42 bugs being fixed. Our usual disclaimer applies: some are old bugs solved in earlier releases, some only recently. Titles improved include: No One Lives Forever, a number of GOG installers should no longer crash, Neverwinter Online: Launcher crash fix, League of Legends, The Witcher 3, there's fixes that affect multiple Chromium-based browser engines and Blizzard games and so on.
Full release notes can be found here.