With more people using Linux for gaming, certain distributions are waking up to this and making their own plans to improve and it looks like Debian is next.
The planned event is named MiniDebConf Online #2 "Gaming Edition", which is part of a wider event happening across four days in late November (19-22) and it seems the gaming section will be November 21-22. Over these days, they're planning to have various sessions with "broad appeal" that should be interesting for people who want to play and / or create games on Debian Linux. So it may be interesting to gamers and developers alike.
Some of what they have planned includes:
- Talk to upstream game developers about their experiences, how they develop, how they fund their projects or keep it sustainable
- Cover some great free game engines and game creation tools
- Look at the tools we have available to create graphics and music for games
- Fix bugs in game packages and work on game related issues
- Showcasing great games already packaged, as well as DFSG free games that needs packaging
It appears they're still taking on people for talks too, you can find what they're after and submit here if you wish to get involved in the event.
You can follow on their official site here.