The Proton compatibility layer used with Steam Play on Linux has a brand new release out with Proton 5.13-2. This release follows on from some Release Candidate builds earlier this week, to clean up some issues after the big initial Proton 5.13-1 release that went up in the middle of October.
Need more info on Steam Play and Proton? Check out our dedicated area for it.
Here's what's changed in the Proton 5.13-2 release:
- Updated vkd3d-proton to version 2.0, which improves Direct3D 12 support.
- Fixed Risk of Rain 2 multiplayer lobbies.
- Fixed Killer Instinct crash when battle ends.
- Fixed Assetto Corsa Competizione and Summer Funland in VR mode.
- Fixed games not launching in Uplay Connect, and Origin crashing when updating.
- Fixed mouse cursor in Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord.
- Fixed SpellForce crash on launch on some systems.
- Fixed very long load times in Warhammer 40k: Inquisitor - Martyr.
- Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout is playable again.
- Fixed Healer's Quest and Coloring Game 2 on AMD.
- Scaled resolution now functional for Middle Earth: Shadow of War.
- Restore behavior of horizontal scrolling input from previous Proton versions.
- Proton log directory can now be configured with PROTON_LOG_DIR.
Full changelog can be seen here.
While Valve, CodeWeavers and Collabora all work together through contracts to make things better there's still a number of known issues right now including:
- Controller hot-plugging doesn't work
- System-wide Vulkan layers like MangoHUD or vkBasalt don't work
- Using a custom per-game driver (like with VK_ICD_FILENAMES or LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH) doesn't work
- User hooks like LD_PRELOAD (like for MangoHUD OpenGL) don't work