The last GOL Podcast episode of 2020 is here, come get it while it's hot and ranty as we cover a range of weird and wonderful topics in Linux, open source, gaming and more. As usual, it's a casual and frank chat between two friends (myself) and GOL contributor / Linux livestreamer Samsai.
Here's a few bits of what we talked about:
- GitHub + YouTube-DL and new funding for developers
- Facebook funding Blender and Godot Engine
- Google crashed, died and so did everything I use
- War Thunder and the Vulkan API, plus a rant about Sony and their build quality
- Vulkan Ray Tracing actually got released
- NVIDIA being terrible to reviewers
- Does Linux have no stable ABI? I don't have a clue so Samsai explains
- What we've been playing: Underhero and Tallowmere 2
Want us to chat about something and be as blunt and honest about it as possible? Let us know in the comments what you want to be featured in future podcast episodes. We appreciate any and all feedback too. Hope you enjoy this latest episode.