Kalypso Media and Realmforge Studios have now confirmed that Spacebase Startopia is now ready to launch on March 26. The delayed release will see it supported on Linux and we expect it to work well, considering the great work Realmforge did with Dungeons 3.
Spacebase Startopia sells players the galactic dream: managing their very own donut-shaped space station. Overseen and assisted (when it feels like it) by the base's prickly on-board AI, players will play Commander to their floating home-away-from-home, kitting out the station's three unique decks with a variety of galactic gadgetry whilst tending to the wants and needs of a diverse array of vacationing extra-terrestrials. In multiplayer, up to 4 players can work together to build the galaxy's greatest getaway, or seek oblivion upon their rivals with daring feats of economic sabotage.
- Single-player campaign with 10 fully voiced missions
- Manage a melting pot of different lifeforms, each with their own individual – and sometimes contradictory - needs and desires
- Build a variety of rooms across three very different decks to cater to the needs of visiting aliens
- Explore the potential of your space base in a fully configurable sandbox mode
- Produce and trade resources to turn a profit while running sabotage missions against your competitors
- Work together or compete against rivals in competitive and a coop multiplayer for up to 4 players
It's available to pre-order on Steam.
See more from me