A bit of Easter silliness released today with Eggcelerate!, a pretty hilarious time-trial racer that's basically an egg and spoon race with a car. Yup, it's as ridiculous as it sounds but it's also thoroughly entertaining.
The developer provided us with a key and it's been a total joy to play through. Does exactly what you expect it to: allow you to blow off a little steam in a simple but effective setting. Drive around tracks with cars that have some dubious handling and try to keep an egg from cracking on the ground. Very hard not to smile and laugh while playing it. Top marks for all the jokes and puns when you inevitably fail and crack it good on the floor.
"Eggcelerate! will challenge your driving skills and teach you to use smooth inputs to race even faster. Keep the egg balanced in the bowl and reach the finish line as fast as possible. Did you know the egg can cross the finish line without the car?"
- Devious Obstacle Courses - Jumps, hammers, punching gloves, fallen trees, saws and more will get in the way of safely delivering your egg this Easter!
- Customize Your Ride - Discover your favorite car, egg and bowl combinations whilst overcoming the challenges of each track to unlock the new options.
- Master Your Racing Skills - Delivering an Easter egg requires smooth driving to keep the egg safe and balanced. This is a useful skill for driving a real racecar at the limit too!
- Perfect for Live Streaming - Game was designed for streamer reactions and your audience will laugh and feel your pain as you try again and again!
- Keep it Alive - The most prestigious achievement ever; consecutively completing all 30 tracks without dropping a single egg!
You can find Eggcelerate! on Steam.