The open source Heroic Games Launcher is a game launcher that currently works with the Epic Games Store, providing Linux users with an easy way to manage it and play games.
Since Epic themselves don't provide official Linux support, it's down to the community and nowadays it's the only place for new people on PC to get the likes of Rocket League. With the Heroic Games Launcher that combines with the Wine compatibility layer and the Legendary client, things get that little bit easier.
It's been a few months since we last wrote about it here and a few new releases have appeared during that time. Quite a lot is new including:
- It is now possible to add a custom Proton or Wine binary from anywhere on your system
- It is now possible to run Heroic completely offline
- Heroic will now show a message when there is not enough space available on the device before install or update
- Added a button to update the game on the GamePage
- Play and Settings now are shown on the GameCard. Making it easier to Play.
- The UI now will scale based on the size of the window, which should help on smaller resolutions.
- DLCs won't show as an installable game anymore
- Translation support with a bunch of new languages
- You can now move installed games to a different folder
- + more
Download Heroic from GitHub, it's free and open source.