Bringing on some 8-bit inspired horror, Sunshine Manor from Fossil Games is confirmed to be releasing this Fall and the developer put out a new trailer.
Another game that was successfully funded from Kickstarter, Sunshine Manor is a standalone prequel to their previous game Camp Sunshine. It's designed as a love-letter to retro gaming and classic 1980s horror films. Taking inspiration from movies such as From Beyond, Friday the 13th, and A Nightmare on Elm Street, while mixing gameplay mechanics from games such as the beloved – and long-running - The Legend of Zelda, Resident Evil and Silent Hill series. Check out the recent trailer below:
As confirmed it's now releasing this Fall, with Steam having a date of October 28. Some of what it will offer includes:
- A brand new engine written just for Sunshine Manor.
- Discover and explore the ever-changing haunted Sunshine Manor.
- Transport yourself to the Demon Realm and banish Demons!
- Beautiful hand-drawn 8-bit graphics.
- A deadly game of Cat & Mouse where the Demon can be anywhere.
- An 80s Soundtrack written just for Sunshine Manor.
- Harness Ada's Psychic Powers.
- A fantastic story-driven narrative.
- Free the trapped Ghosts and enter the Demon Realm
- Lots of scares, spooky scenes and nods to famous franchises.
- Devious puzzles to tax your brain box.