Dying Light - Hellraid, the much unloved expansion to the zombie-slasher that puts you into dungeons fighting skeletons has received a huge upgrade. Maybe now people won't hate it so much?
What was originally going to be its own game that was canned, Techland have mostly moved onto Dying Light 2 development but it seems they still have a team going on the original. This new upgrade for the Hellraid DLC adds in quite a lot by the sounds of it, with more to come that will be revealed and added into Hellraid over time. Check out the trailer below:
The plot, they say, will be gradually revealed so they're doing it in an episodic format. Could be fun, it's always had promise but was clearly released under-baked. Maybe in a few weeks it might finally live up to the promise it had initially.
Here's the other trailer:
Here's what's new:
- We’ve added story mode to Hellraid
- Now players can choose between story mode and raid mode upon entering Hellraid
- We’ve introduced a new Hellraid rank: Vanquisher
- We’ve added new sounds and animations
- Level’s contours now appear on the minimap
- We’ve added new weapons—a bow (in story mode) and a two-handed hammer, and a stamina potion
- Players will now encounter a new enemy—a skeleton with a large shield
- Players no longer need to stash and retrieve their equipment upon entering and leaving Hellraid
- Balance and visual changes
- Minor tweaks and bug fixes