For a while now the newer team who have kept Planetary Annihilation: TITANS alive have been gradually updating the game as part of the "Unicorn" series, which they say is now over and it's time for Fusion.
The first update for the Fusion series is out now, adding in the Fusion Commander which will be available for everyone during the Steam Summer Sale 2021 and after you can buy it in-game if you wish to keep it (commanders are just cosmetic).
A new unit was also added with the Stinger "the little bot that could". This is an anti-air bot unit with twin-mounted homing missile pods. There's also a major UI upgrade for lobbies so that the host of the game can drag, drop and swap players. Additionally, the lobby will not start generating a system right away as there's no default now "saving your CPU from generating something you were probably not going to use" and also asteroids can now be included in random generation systems.
On top of that the hand-made map pool has been expanded with all previous 1v1 ranked maps in it. Planetary Annihilation Inc also upgraded their own servers, so online games should run better than ever.
What's next for Planetary Annihilation: TITANS? Quite a lot actually - they're clearly dedicated to the game. They said all this will come later this year as part of the Fusion updates:
- Toolchain and performance updates
- Default continuous build with view of build queue
- Improved map selection (map packs no longer required)
- New game lobby system preview (including metal spots)
- UI unicode font updates with emojis
- Defeated player and spectator vision options eg defeated unshared player can only view team
- Faster mod mounting, uploading and downloading
- Server mods support for Galactic War
- AI update