The Seagull, a play by Russian dramatist Anton Chekhov is getting a full stylized 3D adaption from Team Dogpit when it releases later this year.
"On the shores of a lake in the Ukranian countryside, an aspiring actor and aspiring writer dream of fame and success. But being an artist is no easy life. They'll need to confront if it's something worth living for, killing for, or maybe even dying for."
- Original adaptation of the classic play of the same name by Anton Chekhov.
- Entirely 3D with both cinematic and 3rd person realtime presentations, featuring stylized comic book-like characters.
- Eye-popping vaporwave-inspired color palette and visual effects.
- Fully voiced in English by a stellar cast, audio captured in group sessions for as theater-like a presentation as possible.
- Fully bilingual English/Russian interface and subtitles.
It's due to release on December 3, with Linux support confirmed with the original announcement. This looks absolutely fantastic, and a great way to bring a classic to life again so it can be immortalised another way.
You can follow The Seagull on Steam.
Want to try out another classic play in video-game form? Good news! The previous game from Team Dogpit is also an adaption of another play from Anton Chekhov. You can try out The Cherry Orchard on itch.io and Steam which somehow we completely missed when it released late in 2020. Trailer for that one below if you also didn't spot it before: