After another while of releasing Beta builds for users to test, Valve has now pushed out the latest stable Steam Client upgrade for everyone and some Linux improvements are in.
There's plenty of improvements for everyone though, not just Linux users. There's some bug fixing to prevent a UI freeze when you quit a game, they fixed a crash writing to closed files and duplicate events in the app detail activity feed should no longer happen.
For Steam Input, the all encompassing API for developers to hook into for controller support, this has been expanded again. Valve added in support for the Share button on the PowerA Fusion Pro 2 and the PDP Xbox Series X Afterglow controllers when Xbox Extended Feature Support is enabled. There's also support for the Amazon Luna controller, experimental Bluetooth support for the Amazon Luna controller and support for the Razer Wolverine Tournament Edition controller.
Their networking system "SteamNetworkingSockets" also saw improvements for many P2P connections, Linux got a bug fix for NAT traversal not working with 64bit games, they also improved the performance of P2P connections and reduced "route flapping and excessive sending of rendezvous messages for P2P connections".
For Steam Cloud there should no longer be a persistent SteamVR file conflict and they increased log detail regarding Steam Cloud file conflicts, so hopefully they can gather more info to help prevent conflicts that end up messing with save files.
Even Remote Play got improvements in this release to give you the ability to change the overlay hotkey, a crash bug was fixed where ICE negotiation is not enabled or fails and iPad Pro resolution issues were solved.
Just for Linux here's what's changed:
- Fixed crashes when on a WPA3 wireless network
- Fixed crash during startup while performing auto-login on some systems (steam-for-linux#7813)
- Initial fixes for excess memory usage downloading shader depots
- Updated scout LD_* runtime to 0.20210630.0
- Updated libXi to be compatible with newer SDL and Steam (steam-for-linux#7874[github.com])
- Improved Nvidia Vulkan ray-tracing support (make sure /dev/nvidia-uvm is created)
- Updated the client_beta branch of soldier container runtime (supporting Proton) to 0.20210629.0
- Soldier client_beta branch has several security related library updates
- Soldier client_beta branch has improvements to Nvidia Vulkan ray-tracing support
- Added mapping for the PS5 DualSense controller