Don't Starve Together has a new face roaming the lands. In the latest major update to the popular survival game, Klei has introduced us to Wanda with a new fancy animated short. This update follows on from Don't Starve Together: Waterlogged that launched in August, which added more content to explore.
Like some other characters introduced, Wanda is not actually free. While you can opt to pay for Wanda directly in a special Chest or a new Starter Pack, you can also "weave" (craft) Wanda using the in-game Spool currency which is reasonably easy to get over a few weeks.
"Wanda has been trying to outrun her future for longer than she can remember - but after a split-second decision left her tangled up in the Constant's timestream, it might be her past that's finally catching up to her..."
- Wanda is a skilled clockmaker who will stop at nothing to outrun her future
- Wanda's timeline is broken, causing her to age faster than the other survivors
- Wanda's health meter has been replaced by an age meter
- In Wanda's old age, she learns how to utilize shadow magic more effectively, and relies on it to make up for her declining strength
- Wanda can craft pocket watches to:
- Restore her youth
- Manipulate her space in time
- Return fallen survivors to their point in time before death
- Rip holes through space and time
- Harness shadow magic to defend herself
What's next for DST? A significant quality of life update is brewing, a Hallowed Nights event is due later this year and a character refresh for Wolfgang will arrive in December too. Lots to look forward to!
You can buy Don't Starve Together on Steam.