On November 2 you'll be able to experience the joy of sorting through boxes in a new home thanks to Unpacking. Developed by Witch Beam, known for the ace twin-stick shooter Assault Android Cactus. A very different game to what they previously made of course, nice to see developers branch out.
"Unpacking is a zen game about the familiar experience of pulling possessions out of boxes and fitting them into a new home. Part block-fitting puzzle, part home decoration, you are invited to create a satisfying living space while learning clues about the life you’re unpacking. Over the course of eight house moves, you are given a chance to experience a sense of intimacy with a character you never see and a story you’re never told."
- Unpack a home — from a single bedroom to an entire house
- Meditative gameplay with no timers, meters or scores
- Explore domestic environments with all their nooks and crannies while you stack plates, hang towels, and arrange bookshelves
- Discover a character's story through the items that come with her to each new home (and the items that get left behind)
- Soundtrack by BAFTA award-winning composer and audio director Jeff van Dyck