Staxel, created by developer Plukit (the founder is a former Starbound developer) and publisher Humble Games is a popular and highly rated creative farming and village life game. As of today along with a Nintendo Switch release it's also now available official on Linux.
"In Staxel you build your world block by block from the ground up, so everything is customizable - whether it’s your own farmhouse or a redesign of the village shop to fit your desired aesthetic. Experience the world from a first-person perspective to really immerse yourself in your ideal country life. Whether you want a cozy overgrown cottage or your own wizard tower, you can build it!"
Since this game didn't work with Steam Play Proton, it's good to see it land on Linux with a native build.
According to their update notes this is what has been improved with the new Staxel CE version:
- System requirements for CE are much lower than the original! This version uses less than 4gb of RAM, and can maintain higher framerates on much weaker systems
- A revamped control scheme for controllers
- Multiplayer is snappier and more reliable. No need to have a fast connection either!
- Faster loading times
- A complete overhaul of the UI
- Save files are 100x smaller (1-4 mb per world compared to 100mb+ in the original PC version)
- And loads of other minor changes!